Post details: Tue 24 March: Seminar and Reception with Vice Chancellor
Tue 24 March: Seminar and Reception with Vice Chancellor
Dear Friends of Cambridge,
We're delighted to announce that the Vice Chancellor of Cambridge University, Prof Alison Richard will be in Hong Kong again in March 2009, The Friends of Cambridge University in Hong Kong is hosting and co-hosting 2 events during her visit. Also Cambridge University Press (CUP) is celebrating its 425th anniversary with an event at the British Council.
1) Reception: 5:30pm-7pm Tuesday 24 March, A reception to welcome Prof Richard will be held in the Dragon Rooms, The Hong Kong Bankers Club, 43/F Gloucester Tower, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong.
2) Seminar: 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm, Tuesday 24 March, Senate Room, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), a seminar on "The Intelligent Airport" project. See full description below.
3) Cambridge University Press (CUP) 425th anniversary celebration: Reception starts 6pm for 6:30pm-7:30pm Fri 20 March at 3/F British Council, 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty.
4) Newnhamites ONLY: Luncheon with Newnham's Principal Dame Patricia Hodges, on March 21st at 12:30 at HK Club, there are still some places available, please contact Louisa on 28567500 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Girtonians ONLY: Drinks on Monday 23 March from 7pm at the M Bar of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 5 Connaught Road, Central, from 7pm onwards, and the Mistress of Girton College would be delighted to meet the Girtonians in Hong Kong
Photos taken during the Bi-annual dinner (28 Nov 2008) are now available online Click here Guest of Honour: Dr. Louis Cheung
Please kindly let me know if you are coming to the above events. Hope to see you then!
Led by the University of Cambridge, The Intelligent Airport (TINA) is a large applied research project. Its aim is to investigate innovative technologies and applications for intelligent airports. The project has strong industrial support. For example, the project team has been collaborating with Arup, BAA, Boeing, Laing O'Rourke, Motorola, Red-M, Tyco and Zinwave.
The TINA project also involves collaboration/support of Cambridge alumni, and PolyU's students and researchers. Please see a list of Cambridge alumni involved in the TINA project below.
- Prof. Ian White, Head, School of Technology, University of Cambridge (Cambridge, 1977-1984)
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Richard will be present to give an opening speech for the seminar. She will talk about innovation, commercialization of technology and venture investment opportunity in Cambridge. Prof. Jon Crowcroft and Dr Henry Chan will be delivering the seminar.
For registration, please contact Dr Dominic Chan.